Re: [tor-talk] git: application level leaks and best practices?

Ben Tasker wrote:
>>> - Is the timezone included in commit timestamps?
>> Yes.
>
> You can override this behaviour, but it's not particularly
> convenient to do:
>
> git commit --date=2015-02-25T01:00:00+0000 -m "fixed it"
>
> You could probably create an alias within git to save typing,
> though you'd still have to get used to using your new alias. As far
> as I know, there isn't a global option to force this behaviour
> (there is one to force git log to use UTC, but that's not much help
> here)

There is if you use bash (or a similar shell environment):

alias git='TZ=UTC git'

If you only want to force UTC for occasional commands then just add
"TZ=UTC" in front of the command, but I personally prefer redefining
the git command like above, to prevent accidentally forgetting.

str4d