Re: [tor-talk] [Whonix-devel] [Tails-dev] Persistent Tor start in Tails vs location aware Tor entry guards (LATEG)

On 2016-02-06 23:14, intrigeri wrote:
Hi,

[can you please decide what mailing-list this discussion should happen
on, and then we can stop cross-posting over 4 mailing-list?]

[snip]

I'm not sure I understand the problem you mean to raise, though.
Can you please elaborate what problem you see if users do exactly this
("click through whatever hoops required to make the WiFi connect
again", which I agree is very likely)?

Thanks!

Cheers,

The problems in LATEG/AdvGoalTracking go deep enough that TPO is investigating how to solve them in Tor's codebase: https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2016-February/010364.html

A wider effort to think about usability of the user facing part of this (is any at all) is good too.