Subject: Re: [tor-talk] Not able to download Tor to droid
From:    libertyinperil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date:    Wed, February 3, 2016 8:50 pm
To:      tor-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The url Tor was downloaded from is guardianproject.info/apps/orbot
direct download(.apk).  I tried doing so again after your response.  The
tablet operating system indicated it had downloaded, -- but it had not. If
it is still on the droid hard drive, how do I find it? Is there a search
function as in Windows?
... Kindly be advised, I did get rid of all the google and other
commercial apps on the tablet earlier after Tor would not properly
download.  Every one I could find.  Are any of these apps required by the
droid to download Orbot? -- Will not download from the google store since
they demand registration and do track. The ISP does not appear to be a
factor since it is public, a coffee shop. Have had no problems downloading
Tor updates to Windows machines there.  The droid I'm trying to download
Tor to is a tablet, not a phone.  Thanks for your help.  libertyinperil

> On January 30, 2016 2:11:03 PM PST, Richard
> <lists-tor-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Date: Saturday, January 30, 2016 20:50:22 +0100
>>> From: libertyinperil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>> Have used Tor for years with no problems on Windows.  Tried to
download Tor to a new RCA droid tablet and kept getting message "This is
not Tor." This was done before shutting off all apps
>>> designed by Google to line its pockets.  With everything turned off
that could be turned off, it no longer downloads at all.
>>> Received an error message from Firefox when all apps were
>>> installed that there is indeed a bug problem with downloads of over
1Mb long.  Can you help?  Kindly remember I am not a software
engineer, only a user.  Don't have the expertise your techs and
engineers have.  Appreciate whatever help you can give.  Thanks.
>>You need to provide more specifics for anyone to be able to give you
much help.
>>What "Tor" are you trying to download, from where? Provide the
>>URL(s). [If you are doing this from the app store with the "google play"
app installer, go to <https://play.google.com/store/apps> with a
browser, locate what you're after, and provide the URL(s) for the app(s)
that way.]
>>I am not aware of any issues with downloading large files with
>>firefox for android. If you are trying to do this over cell data your
mobile carrier may be imposing restrictions, but that's a