Re: [tor-talk] Tor for everyone; introducing Eccentric Authentication

The website http://eccentric-authentication.org/ says:
> With the use of DNSSEC and a validation service to check that each
> certificate is issued only once we can prevent Man-in-the-Middle
> attacks

Could you explain how you validate that there is no MitM, and why a few
round trips would make this certain?  Do we not have to trust the
validation service not to issue more than one certificate?  I.e., the
website or validation service can be the MitM.