Re: [tor-talk] Tor and Google error / CAPTCHAs.

On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 9:07 PM, krishna e bera <keb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We are already starting to see people switching away from Google for
> privacy reasons and soon it will also be because of censorship
> (nationstate edicts and EU "right to forget") and biasing (due to
> Google's political involvement, e.g. suppressing typeaheads negative to
> Clinton).  The alternative search engines do not produce results as
> comprehensive as Google's but at least one of them was accessible
> directly in onionspace.
> Existing 3rd party spiders must be solving the CAPTCHA problem somehow
> or how could they index everything?

If both the indexer and their users have some objection to captcha, CF,
non-TLS, paywalls ads, even non onion/i2p/freenet, whatever... then
whatever is behind such walls could be considered unworthy of being
indexed anyways. Which with the rise of eyeballs to such alternative
search, will keep more eyeballs from and help demise some such legacy walls.
Click Next, you've all done that at times, must not have been worthy enough.