[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tor-talk] Tor browser error message
1. click on Start Tor Browser icon (shortcut) on desktop => Wlcome To Tor Browser appears and You are now free to browse the Internet anonymously.
2. click on Test Tor Network Settings => error message appears (Sec. Conn Failed and also 'The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.' plus 'The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.' and 'Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.'
At the bottom in a status line connecting to and connected to check.torproject.org toggels quickly followed by 'Try again'. This however, does not change anything - the procedure repeats avery time.
In the URL window (info icon) appears: 'Check.Torproject.Org' 'Connection is not secure' and PERMISSIONS says 'You have not granted this site any special permissions.'
From there I cannot access any page or whatsoever.
Does this info help?
From: tor-talk [mailto:tor-talk-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of nusenu
Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2018 3:36 PM
Subject: Re: [tor-talk] Tor browser error message
> Virtually with any page I try. As said, it happens prior testing the
> tor network connection - although the browser says I can safely
can you try to describe in more detail what you see and what you do?
- you click the torbrowser icon on your desktop
- a small window with a progress bar appears
- when the progress bar is at 100% tor browser opens
displaying "Welcome to Tor Browser"
- then you click on "Test Tor Network Settings" in the middle of the page
- https://check.torproject.org opens
-> and then you get "Secure connection failed."
tor-talk mailing list - tor-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To unsubscribe or change other settings go to