Re: [tor-talk] trackers in OONI Probe Mobile App / was: NEW RiseupVPN test in OONI Probe Mobile App

On 2/5/21 11:45 AM, Christian Pietsch wrote:
Dear Maria,
dear OONI Probe users,

having used OONI Probe on Android devices in the past, I was shocked
to find out today that at least the version distributed via Google's
Play Store seems to contain two trackers, namely Countly and Google
Firebase Analytics: https://reports.exodus-privacy.eu.org/en/reports/161999/

Thanks Christian.  That is shocking.  Something (anything) coming from
Google, that has some data gathering ability - especially for Android
devices.  I'm just messin' with ya. :)
But that's why many users avoid Google like the plague.

I'm thinking for Android users & sadly, possibly most mobile OSes with
**default** settings or apps, that if OONI Probe does contain trackers,
it's one among many methods that Google gathers data. [Note: OONI Probe
is not related to the "Venus Probe," from ancient U.S. TV]