Re: Removing TOR from Registry

On Wed, Jan 03, 2007 at 06:35:21AM +0000, vincentnls@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote 2.3K bytes in 61 lines about:
: I have just recently solved a problem after my pc became corrupted and I
: found privoxy blocking ads from my FTP client - I needed the latest
: Macromedia Flash player.

	The better tactic might be to disable privoxy filtering then,
	rather than remove Tor.  This is simply accomplished by setting
	"toggle 0" in the privoxy config.

: Is there a command I can run in the command prompts to completely clear
: TOR from my system or registry safely?

	The packaged uninstall program will remove itself and the
	Application Data directories.  As for the rest of the stuff
	strewn about the system by Windows, you'll want to look in the
	%systemroot%\prefetch directory, scan the registry for instances
	 of tor, privoxy, or vidalia, and confirm all relevant
	 directories are removed from Program Files, Application Data,
	 and Local Settings.
--
Andrew