Re: Transparent proxy won't work with mingw under win32

On Wed, Jan 03, 2007 at 09:01:31PM +0800, Li-Hui Zhou wrote:
> I've noticed this warn message when ./configure for some time:
>
> configure: Transparent proxy support enabled, but missing headers.
>

> Does it mean that transparent proxy won't work with mingw under win32?
> How can you devs fix this?

Honestly, I don't know how to make it work on win32.  What I need is:

   - A way to redirect TCP streams to a local port.  This could use
     some pf variant, or not: any good TCP/IP stack should be able to
     do it.

   - A way for a local application to learn the original destination or
     port.  On BSD, this is /dev/pf and ioctl(DIOCNATLOOK); on Linux,
     this is getsockopt(SO_ORIGINAL_DST).

It doesn't matter whether the underlying implementation uses pf or
what; what matters is that the feature set above is available.  If
somebody tells us the right way to get this working, we'll try to
get it done in the 0.1.2.x series.

--
Nick Mathewson