[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: EZZI.net Abuse Warning
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: EZZI.net Abuse Warning
- From: "Ringo Kamens" <2600denver@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 19:34:20 -0700
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivery-date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 21:34:38 -0500
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=XCryE30I7gWZoGZbJSSmF3VyQCc/+84P2lMUStEHf+PuuOS0n/LWZdHIb5J7wkcaI56vRRsG1Gc+WVSBFbJ/UEWWVxdpA/pQ1rS1PgrZYGMCmfWdv+v79QkoanlKgqSt8Btl7gDXuWWEsqA7ZbVJKgNeUDHVRWNJGPulKU3c87E=
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Some points to mention to EZZI.net are:
Your computer is secure and has not been hacked. You participate in
the tor project which has the backing of the EFF.
The IRC network can ban the IPs of tor servers if they would like to
because the information is public.
Remember to explain what tor is and why we need it. Be friendly and
everything should turn out ok as long as your ISP allows hosting.
On 1/23/07, xiando <xiando@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Subject: EZZI.net Abuse Warning
Date: Tuesday 23 januar 2007 22:39
Regarding Server Main IP: 184.108.40.206
We got a notice from the Undernet IRC Network about a number of servers on
our network making suspicious connections to their network, your server
appears to be one of those boxes. It appears whoever caused this hacked the
servers by brute forcing SSH logins and uploading a fake httpd binary and
Please look into this matter immediately, if you need help feel free to open
a trouble ticket. It is also suggested you check your servers password
policy and make sure your passwords are secure. We suggest at least 6
characters, uppercase and lowercase letters and numbers.
We thank you in advance for your swift cooperation in this important matter.
EZZI.net Support Team
I got multiple copies of this (I have more than one Tor exit server).
There are - apparently - bad people on the Internet (no shit). It is likely
the first time EZZI.net has got a (very much likely) Tor-related abuse
Please share any view on how to respond to EZZI.net about some person on the
Internet hacking some box on the Internet using Tor (which seems to be why
EZZI.net wants me to explain myself).