Problems understanding and using Vidalia Network Map

Ok I established a Tor connection successfully.

Now I open in Vidalia the Tor network map.
On the left side there are the available Tor servers.
But what connections are in the mid column (below the worldmap) ?

Currently I can see approx 12 lines like

atari,blutorserver,croeso    Open

As far as I know I use only 1 connection at a time. Why are there 12 listed ?

Can I choose one of these connections ?
If yes: How ? I did not found a "select this connection" button/context menu

Is the rightmost server always the exitnode of a connection line?

Ben