[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
0.1.2.19 is getting close to ready; please test it
We're getting close to having 0.1.2.19 ready. Phobos has put snapshots up;
the packaging changes are a) the Vidalia bundles now ship with Vidalia
0.0.16 (which includes many bugfixes, and hopefully not too many new
bugs), and b) the OS X bundles now include the stable Torbutton xpi too.
Please grab it, try it out, and let us know whether we broke anything.
Partial list of changes in version 0.1.2.19 - 2008-01-??
o Security fixes:
- Exit policies now reject connections that are addressed to a
relay's public (external) IP address too, unless
ExitPolicyRejectPrivate is turned off. We do this because too
many relays are running nearby to services that trust them based
on network address.
o Major bugfixes:
- When the clock jumps forward a lot, do not allow the bandwidth
buckets to become negative. Fixes bug 544.
- Fix a memory leak on exit relays; we were leaking a cached_resolve_t
on every successful resolve. Reported by Mike Perry.
- Purge old entries from the "rephist" database and the hidden
service descriptor database even when DirPort is zero.
- Stop thinking that 0.1.2.x directory servers can handle "begin_dir"
requests. Should ease bugs 406 and 419 where 0.1.2.x relays are
crashing or mis-answering these requests.
- When we decide to send a 503 response to a request for servers, do
not then also send the server descriptors: this defeats the whole
purpose. Fixes bug 539.
o Minor bugfixes:
- Changing the ExitPolicyRejectPrivate setting should cause us to
rebuild our server descriptor.
- Fix handling of hex nicknames when answering controller requests for
networkstatus by name, or when deciding whether to warn about
unknown routers in a config option. (Patch from mwenge.)
- Fix a couple of hard-to-trigger autoconf problems that could result
in really weird results on platforms whose sys/types.h files define
nonstandard integer types.
- Don't try to create the datadir when running --verify-config or
--hash-password. Resolves bug 540.
- If we were having problems getting a particular descriptor from the
directory caches, and then we learned about a new descriptor for
that router, we weren't resetting our failure count. Reported
- Although we fixed bug 539 (where servers would send HTTP status 503
responses _and_ send a body too), there are still servers out there
that haven't upgraded. Therefore, make clients parse such bodies
when they receive them.