Re: another tor issue...? (irc...)

I rather suspect that you are not going to be able to resolve the issue so
long as you run an exit.  It doesn't matter what sort of traffic you block,
all that matters is that your ip will appear in the list of published exit
nodes shortly after you start it up and that list will lead to you being
blocked by other sites.

You will either need to operate an exit node from a separate IP than the
computer (physically or via a separate proxy) you wish to connect to freenode
with (or use their hidden service) and Slashdot or you will need to forego
running an exit, no matter how configured (I suppose if you personally knew
someone at Slashdot or one of the admins of freenode you might finangle a
personal exception...).

Most of these sites have this policy because of actual past abuses rather than
a general philosophical dislike of anonymity or tor.

--
"Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo."
--H.G. Wells