Re: DirPort is unreachable

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 11:24:30AM +0300, unachievable@xxxxxxxxx wrote 2.8K bytes in 64 lines about:
: I'm new to Tor and have been running bridge relay for 1.5 days. I'm
: getting the message in the log which says the usual thing:
: ----------------------------------------------------------------------
: Your server (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9030) has not managed to confirm that its
: DirPort is reachable. Please check your firewalls, ports, address,
: /etc/hosts file, etc.
: ----------------------------------------------------------------------
: (the ORPort however is still reachable)
: Getting it for already about ten hours. Need to stress the fact that at
: start it stated that it _is_ reachable.

There was a bug with bridges and dirport that is fixed in
0.2.1.10-alpha.

: What steps were made between working and non: i got 'too many open
: files' warning in the logs so they got 600MiB and overwhelmed the /var
: partition, had to made steps to remove that. The only thing made to tor

Jeez, what log level have you configured?  Normal "notice" level
shouldn't do that.

--
Andrew