Hidden Services

I'm trying to set up a hidden service (website) and for some reason, FF
won't resolve the url (zygwjgs2sp7wcmws.onion).

My FF settings are as follows:

HTTP Proxy: 127.0.0.1:8118
SOCKS5 Proxy: 127.0.0.1:9050

network.disable.dnsPrefetch set to true
network.proxy.socks_remote_dns set to true

I'm having the same problem with Apple Safari (which on Windows is
apparently just IE in a new skin) with the same proxy settings.

Windows XP Home SP1

Do I need a web server already running for this to work (if so, I'm
feeling very dense right now)? If so, I can easily set up Apache to deal
out to 127.0.0.1:80.
--
PIT