Re: Tor-ramdisk 20100115 is out.

--- On Fri, 1/15/10, basile <basile@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> From: basile <basile@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> To run a hidden service, you first need to run a service,
> like a web
> page.  To run a web page you need to have some web
> pages and an apache
> server.  You would further need php and mysql if you
> want a blog or
> wiki.  On top of that you run tor.  See
> http://www.torproject.org/docs/tor-hidden-service.html.en

Well, there is tiny and light web server http://monkey-project.com/ and there is non-php, non-mysql blogging software such as http://sourceforge.net/projects/bashblogger/ that uses only bash plus standard utils.  I suppose it wouldn't be hard for the tor-ramdisk folk to add progs like those, think Damnsmalllinux (which ships with monkey server).

What I don't know about however are what security risks introducing monkey server would bring and how those should be handled.  Clearly there would have to be a persistent directory containing the files to be served.