Re: QoS and Tor on Ubuntu 9.10

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 10:34:31PM +0100, Matias Meier wrote:
> But on my server are running also other services. Because of this I want to
> ask here, if it?s possible that a linux guru can write a little QoS script
> for me with ?tc filters?.
>
> I need two different classes for traffic shaping.
>
> Low prio: For the tor service, which is running on port 443
>
> High prio: For all the other ports

You're in luck!

See item #6 at
https://blog.torproject.org/blog/tips-running-exit-node-minimal-harassment
for a pointer to Mike's "Linux-based QoS script".

Alas, our new https interface for git is still under construction,
so in the mean time, an easy place to find the script is
contrib/linux-tor-prio.sh in your Tor tarball.

--Roger