Re: tor exit-node abused, takedown by ISP,

Arian Sanusi wrote:
> Andrew Lewman schrieb:
>> There is a dmca template you can use.  The dmca takedowns are simply
>> requests and hold little legal weight.  Use the template at
>> https://www.torproject.org/eff/tor-dmca-response.html.en for your
>> response.  Think of the dmca notice as "we think your IP address did
>> something bad".
>>
>> Good luck.
>>
> thank you. The Problem is not so much the dmca notice itself, but that
> my ISP asks me to deal with the original sender, otherwise they will
> place a judical complaint on me, plus they charge me quite a lot of
> money (around 300$ so far). So I have to convince them that I dealt with
> the subject but in the same time not getting deeper into trouble because
> some of my statements may contain acknowledgements of me beeing guilty
> in judicial sense.

Your previous response and the DMCA template can be sent to all of the
parties involved. It never hurts to have an insanely large CC list, I'd
also include a friendly lawyer or two. CC the ISP, the original sender,
lawyers that care and anyone else involved or interested.

I regularly do this when I get DMCA complaints to the various ISPs where
I host my relays. This is usually sufficient for the complainer. If
you're the exception, let us know.

Best,
Jake