Re: Tor uses swap?

--

  andre76@xxxxxxxxxxx

On Wed, 05 Jan 2011 20:36 -0500, andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 05, 2011 at 11:27:59PM +0100, noisyb@xxxxxxx wrote 1.2K bytes
> in 29 lines about:
> : since 4GB or 8GB of ram are pretty much the standard these days you
> could use a ramdisk for swap... ;D
>
> Towards this end, my travel laptop running pcbsd has no swap configured.
> I haven't run into any issues with this configuration yet.  I realize
> the risks of some program going haywire and consuming all ram, but in
> the past month of doing this, it hasn't materialized.
>
> --
> Andrew
> pgp key: 0x74ED336B

Please let me know what you think...does this look correct?  I just
encrypted my swap using the following command;

sudo ecryptfs-setup-swap

Here's what's in my crypttab-

cryptswap1 /dev/sda6 /dev/urandom swap,cipher=aes-cbc-essiv:sha256

Here's what's in my Fstab;  (I deleted a lot of the UUID numbers and
letters)

#
# Use 'blkid -o value -s UUID' to print the universally unique
identifier
# for a device; this may be used with UUID= as a more robust way to name
# devices that works even if disks are added and removed. See fstab(5).
#
proc            /proc           proc    defaults        0       0
# / was on /dev/sdb5 during installation
UUID=xxxxxxxxxxxx-c2ea-4b91-b764-axxxxxxxxdb /               ext4
errors=remount-ro 0       1
# swap was on /dev/sdb6 during installation
#UUID=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxce38cd7 none            swap    sw
           0       0
/dev/scd0       /media/cdrom0   udf,iso9660 user,noauto,exec,utf8 0
 0
/dev/mapper/cryptswap1 none swap sw 0 0

How does it look to you?