Re: understanding problem, hidden services

On 23.01.2011 03:05, grarpamp wrote:

> Each endpoint must always be in control of three nodes.
> The Server uses the IP as its third.
> The Client uses the RP as its third.
>
> So for each step in the process it seems like this:
>
> # S inits 3 IP's
> S -> SR1 -> SR2 -> IP
> # S publishes descriptor
> S -> SR1 -> SR2 -> SR3 -> DB
> # C requests descriptor
> C -> CR1 -> CR2 -> CR3 -> DB
> # C inits RP
> C -> CR1 -> CR2 -> RP
> # C informs S of RP
> C -> CR1 -> CR2 -> CR3 -> :IP <- SR2 <- SR1 <- S
> # S uses RP
> S -> SR1 -> SR2 -> SR3 -> RP
> # full path established = 6 relays, 7 hops
> C -> CR1 -> CR2 -> RP: <- SR3 <- SR2 <- SR1 <- S
>
> The colon delimits the end of each sides control in the full path.
> The arrows are build extensions, not traffic.

Ok, now Its all clear to me. I think it would be a good idea to include
these little ascii diagrams in the text, each one of them at the end of
the corresponding section of the text or all together in some kind of
short summary or overview to easier visualize the state after each step
has been performed.

Bernd