Re: [tor-talk] What is going on with /var/run/tor?

On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 9:42 PM, <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 12:17:43PM +0000, magickrot@xxxxxxxxx wrote 3.2K
> bytes in 82 lines about:
> : Second, I installed as suggested here (option two) for Ubuntu lucid:
> : https://www.torproject.org/docs/debian.html.en
>
> Just a reminder that this is the most complex way to use Tor. It's far
> easier to simply download TBB for Linux and run it.

OK good to know.

But - returning to my Vidalia question - should I be using the ControlPort
or the ControlSocket in the Vidalia "advanced" tab.  Currently it is set
to:

Use TCP Connection (ControlPort) 127.0.0.1: 9051.

Use Unix domain socket (ControlSocket) is unchecked.

It works fine but I am wondering if the ControlSocket should have been
operationalized?

Thanks.