Re: [tor-talk] A secure browsing model?

On 1/20/2012 02:04 AM, Gozu-san wrote:
> If it really matters that they not be aware of each other, I recommend
> accessing each one in a separate VM.  But that will seriously eat up
> resources.  Unless you're using Tor, you'll also want to use VPN
> services so VMs don't share the same IP address.

I am not new to TOR, but it has been a while since I used it, and it appears
from reading the few posts I've received so far, that it has changed
considerably since I last used it.

While I am knowledgeable about computers, the Internet (though not with some of
the newer stuff), and programming, I am not familiar with VPN services - I have
heard of them, but have not researched them.  By VMs I assume you mean virtual
machines, I have some experience in getting frustrated trying to set them up. ;)

Can anyone point me to some resources that will help to fill me in on the
changes, and on how to maximize security (anonymity), I would be grateful.

One thing I really liked about TOR, when I was using it was that the Internet
trackers couldn't trace me and bombard me with ads based on the sites I visited
(unless I opted in).

Chris

---
Virus Database (VPS): 120119-2, 01/19/2012
Tested on: 1/20/2012 2:26:34 AM