Re: [tor-talk] A secure browsing model?

On 1/20/2012 02:27 AM, Mike Perry wrote:
> Are you trolling me? This is exactly what I've designed Tor Browser
> for, and I've stated and reiterated this fact on this list,
> tor-dev, and the blog quite a few times now.
>
> See:
> https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser/design/#privacy
>
> Is that too technical? How can I improve the design document so that
> it is more clear that it is exactly what you're looking for?

I've looked at your site and I have a question.  I know I could probably find
the answer by fully reading the documentation on your site and on the Tor site,
but I just got up and don't feel like reading through reams of information to
get a simple answer.

Is the TorBrowser and actual web browser or is it a set of patches and
configuration requirements to use Firefox in a secure way with Tor?

I discovered, first hand, the difficulty of truly anonymizing Firefox and all
its kin when I used Tor before.  I'd rather use a browser that is specifically
built for security and anonymity than use a browser that was never made to
protect your privacy, if possible.

Chris

---
Virus Database (VPS): 120120-0, 01/20/2012
Tested on: 1/20/2012 10:05:58 AM