[tor-talk] Hi all!

Hi, I am not new to Tor, though it has been a while since I've used it.  I
notice that there are many changes since I used it last.  I have some some
questions to get me up to speed with the newest release.

I hope you don't mind my asking these questions, since my attention span is
about that of a gnat since I have an extreme toothache.  Otherwise I would
probably read all the docs.

1. Is there a preferred browser and OS to maximize security?

2. What is the best way to use a VPN with Tor to increase anonymity?

3. Is there now a way to use Tor to send anonymous email?  (All but government
controlled remailers were shut down).

I can use Windows 7 64 bit + any GNU/Linux or Posix OS that supports multibit
builds.

I'd like to get back into using Tor (I stopped because the TorButton was ...
unreliable for anonymity).

Any recommended reading, if not direct answers?  Think of me as a newbie who's
not really a newbie - that is, I've used Tor and just want to be brought up to
speed on the most secure way to use the new version.

Chris

---
Virus Database (VPS): 120121-1, 01/21/2012
Tested on: 1/21/2012 4:44:29 PM