Re: [tor-talk] Mail service requires "java script enabled"

Java + Tor = bad
Javascript in Tor browser bundle + Tor = probably OK.

Ideally, you won't be using javascript, but as others have said, many mail
services require javascript for more interactive and fancy UIs, and that's
OK.

What you *don't* want running with Tor is Java. Java is a virtual machine /
large framework which works in browsers via a plugin. Stay away from
plugins (save for those recommended for / included by Tor Browser bundle /
Tor Browser developers). But as long as you're running TBB, you should be
ok. Javascript = an interpreted language / engine entirely *inside* the
browser infrastructure (whereas Java is not).