Re: [tor-talk] Tor Browser Bundle .deb packaging solution

On Wed, 30 Jan 2013 09:26:22 +0100
JÃrÃmy Bobbio <lunar@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If I understand correctly, old versions are not cleaned up. Not the
> nicest in the long run.
>
> Also, this approach does not help users to keep their bookmarks or
> certficate database from one version to another. It means that a package
> upgrade will result in unexpected loss of bookmarks. Even if it's only
> from sight and the data are still there, I think it would result in a
> pretty bad user experience.

Just my personal example.

I use up to 6 anonymous installations of TBB in one Debian system.
They runs in parallel, with parallel runned X-session from different users
and pointed with iptables to different ports of one system Tor-daemon to complete
circuits isolations.

I don't use tor-binaries from TBB and ignore most of Vidalia options (only "new identities" is used).
And only "transparent mode" in T-button is used. Discontinuing separate Vidalia affect me some way.
Some of my TBB-profiles not pretend to be strong anonymous and consist and preserve minimum of installed bookmarks and tuned plugins. Another ones complete wiped before replaced.

Too simple "replace TBB in all homedirs" model complete broke my ways of using tor in Debian.