Re: [tor-talk] Harvard student used Tor to send bomb threats, gets caught by old-fashioned policework

On 01/07/2014 09:12 AM, tor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

<SNIP>

> But I still hope that we can try to do better helping the users we do want
> to support--even the people who might not be "smart enough" right now.

Well, starting Tor in a terminal, one sees:

"This is experimental software. Do not rely on it for strong anonymity."

But we probably don't want naive users running Tor in terminals.

Maybe the browser in TBB should start with a brief "do's and don'ts"
page. It could include both technical issues, such as "Don't install
other apps to use with Tor.", and operations security, such as "Don't
expect Tor to hide you when you're the only likely suspect using Tor."