Re: [tor-talk] Shutting down the relay-search service by the end of the year

On 23.01.2014 10:58, Karsten Loesing wrote:
> Christian,
>
> did you make any progress on the Globe variant that doesn't
> require client-side JavaScript anymore?
>
> Thanks! Karsten

Hi,
in the last 2 weeks I didn't had much freetime to work on it.
Today I fixed the svg rendering of relay weight/bandwidth graphs.

Main features that are missing as of now:
- bridge graphs
- some css changes

I created issues for these missing features.

The current repo is on github:
- repo: https://github.com/makepanic/globe-node
- issues: https://github.com/makepanic/globe-node/issues

A couple of open questions:

How should we manage dependencies to other libraries? The problem ist
that nodejs in wheezy-backports excludes npm (the official package
manager for Node.js). There is a open bugreport but I don't know if or
when it's resolved
(http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=729488).
(possible solutions:
- include the external packages in the repository by using npm locally
and add them to git
- compile nodejs ourself
- install npm manually
[https://github.com/joyent/node/wiki/Installing-Node.js-via-package-manager#backports])

I don't have access to a nodejs server. For gaining feedback and
testing the application on a remote server I could deploy globe-node
temporarily to heroku (for free). Do you think it would be OK?

Without JavaScript I can't really make a tabbed view for relay and
bridge searches.
Right now i put them on top of eachother: http://i.imgur.com/pN9tgME.png
Does anyone knows a better solution?

Cheers