Re: [tor-talk] TBB 3.5 starts w/ size buttons hidden

On 1/27/2014 3:41 AM, Georg Koppen wrote:
Joe Btfsplk:
TBB 3.5 for Win is starting in half screen & the UI sizing buttons are
hidden because the TBB UI is shifted where the size buttons are off the
monitor.
So is most of the title bar, making it hard to drag the UI down to reach
buttons.  Once maximized, it fits fine on the monitor.
Are you seeing https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/10441 ?

If so, then it might be interesting to understand why it is happening in
your case (see comment 2 for an explanation for the failure on my
testing machine). If there is a different explanation we need to add
that one to https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/9268 to take
it into account for the Final Algorithm.

Georg

Read the bug & comments. On mine, the title bar isn't missing - it's hidden (menu bar isn't checked to be displayed, by default) . Hard to tell from the bug report attached screen, if their title and / or menu bar is missing or just hidden. On mine, UI display - sometimes - stops in middle of tabs, showing it's not hidden or cut off JUST at their border.

As I said, if / when it's hidden AND if TBB bottom border is visible / draggable, moving bottom border up an inch or so, causes UI to change size and / or re-position, so title bar & sizing buttons are at least partially visible. So, doesn't seem truly "missing." Neither does part of the bottom of UI (border) seem "missing" - on start up, when bottom border *sometimes* appears cut off.

When bottom border is NOT visible, if I hide task bar, the bottom UI border "seems" aligned w/ monitor's bottom. "Seems aligned" - because don't know if it was ALREADY aligned (w/ monitor bottom, but hidden by task bar), or if hiding task bar causes TBB UI to *then change size / position,* just as when title bar is hidden & dragging the bottom border UP, causes the UI to *re-position* - revealing *part* of title bar & buttons.

Just tested again w/ *menu bar displayed.* Still started w/ title bar & sizing buttons *ALMOST* hidden ("title bar" - just above menu bar). In that scenario, "almost" hidden because can see only the *bottom, black border* of the sizing buttons. BARELY enough to click & re-size UI (sometimes). Again, if drag the bottom border UP ~ an inch, more of the sizing buttons (but not all) become visible.

With menu bar turned off, AND if / when it starts w/ title bar hidden, *(often) none* of sizing buttons is initially visible. Until I drag bottom border up, then the top of UI shifts down about 1/4 inch. Other times, just enough of buttons are visible to click. Erratic. I've identified at least 3 - 4 sequences / steps, when title bar (and / or menu) MAY be partially or totally hidden. But not 100% for any scenario, AFAIK.

Title bar & size buttons being hidden on startup is ERRATIC, but happens *probably 50% of startups.* Most often happens if I maximize UI, then reduce again, close TBB & restart (reduce UI, not minimize to task bar). But, not 100% reproducible. Sometimes, UI opens (in partial screen) w/ title bar & buttons fully displayed. Next restart (immediately, w/o accessing any pages), title bar & buttons may be hidden again - *w/ OR W/O touching anything except close button.*

Since this doesn't happen w/ any other TBB versions before 3.5, AND doesn't happen w/ any apps, seems the problem began w/ some v3.5 change.