Re: [tor-talk] GSOC 15

On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 11:46 PM, Akhil Koul <akhil.koul8@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am a third year undergrad Computer Engineering student from Pune
> Institute of Computer Technology, India. My area of interest is in
> Networking and Network Security.
> I would like to get involved in Tor Community by contributing for Tor in
> GSoC 2015. I have been actively using Tor so far and would love to be a
> part of this wonderful project. I would like to know about the ways in
> which i can contribute for Tor development as a part of GSoC 2015.

Hello!

To begin: Google has not announced the list of organizations in GSoC
2015, so we don't know whether we're selected or not.  We hope we are,
of course, but we can't take their selection for granted.

But assuming we are selected, a student's best chances for being
selected are making sure that they have a good portfolio of
well-written, well-designed software that they wrote.  It also helps
if a student has written a few small, thoughtful, well-designed
patches for Tor in the past, so we have a feeling of what it's like to
work with them.

--
Nick