Re: [tor-talk] Help me secure my setup

Aeris <aeris+tor@xxxxxxxxxx>:

> Let your network gateway (or each PC) forward all outgoing traffic (or only
> traffic to Tor node, with iptables + ipset) through your VPN.

I used a different approach - I used Socks5Proxy option in tor and set up
a small socks proxy on a server that listens on the VPN end (using ssh
with -D option). So my tor on home router listens on its SocksPort and
communicates with the external world using another socks proxy through the
VPN. I filtered all other traffic.

Seems to work for now...

> And use the normal way a normal Tor client per PC, configuring all your
> application to use the standard (and local this time) SOCKS5 proxy or do
> transparent proxying to (local) Trans/DNSPort.

My PC is not turned on 24/7 (router and server are) and as I mentioned
before, I prefer to have a client constantly running, as I don't want to
give out a correlation between time of starting the client and time of my
Tor activities.

Thanks,

--
Oskar Wendel, o.wendel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx