Re: [tor-talk] Danish data retention on steroids

Anders Andersson:
> On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 4:57 PM, Niels Elgaard Larsen <elgaard@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I come from a meeting in the Danish ministry of Justice this afternoon,
>
> Why? :)

I represented IT-POL, https://itpol.dk/

there will be a consultation in February and we are known to be against
data retention (fighting against it since 2007), so they wanted to
exchange views before preparing the law.

>> 3. How many Danish Tor nodes in a circuit would you be comfortable with?
>
> I can assure you that a lot of countries will have worse data logging
> place, the main difference being that making it official makes it
> easier for a bad guy to get hold of.

True, but making it official also makes it easier to enforce and to make
every service provider cooperate.

For Tor competent and systematically logging might worse that draconian
measures by dictatorships.

And just because there is/will be a Danish law requiring data retention,
does not mean that there is not more going on.
I would not choose TDC for a Tor node.

--
Niels Elgaard Larsen