Public gateways to .onion domains

I'm wondering if any brave soul on the Internet has setup a public HTTP gateway to hidden HTTP services.

I mean, plain web browsers surfing the plain old Internet and connecting to an URL like:

http://some.public.server.org/6sxoyfb3h2nvok2d/foo

where a server is actually proxying requests to that URL to the Tor network's hidden service:

http://6sxoyfb3h2nvok2d.onion/foo

It would be rather simple to setup such a service using Apache's Rewrite engine but maybe it would expose the administrator to excessive risks...

Thank you,

Cristiano