RE: question

I'm guessing that the Norton program is only checking port 80 traffic.  Plus
all middleman traffic on a tor server would have layers of encryption around
it. A tor exit server is sending unencrypted traffic out to the 'net, and
receiving unencrypted (except for things like ssl and ssh, etc..) traffic
back to send through the onion routers .  A tor middleman has no exit ports
(ExitPolicy reject *.*).