Re: Choose exitnodes in country x

On Thursday 05 July 2007 10:32:15 yousifnet wrote:
> > How are you proposing to detect country?
> >
> > no automatic, add an additional entry to the tor directory.
> > For a human there is no problem to get the country out of traceroute.
> > For new tornodes it can be asked direct within the registration
> > process.
>
> how about "built-in geoip code". Vidalia and TorK are currently using
> geoip services from external sources.

TorK doesn't use external sources, but a local copy of the geoip database and
api available at http://www.maxmind.com/app/geoip_country. I try to remember
to update the bundled database whenever I do a release.

Robert

--

Browse Anonymously Anywhere	- http://anonymityanywhere.com
TorK	- KDE Anonymity Manager	- http://tork.sf.net