Re: On the performance scalability of Tor

Thus spake Roger Dingledine (arma@xxxxxxx):

> On Wed, Jul 18, 2007 at 07:52:14PM -0700, Mike Perry wrote:
> > Thus spake Mike Perry (mikeperry@xxxxxxxxxx):
> >
> > > RELAY_EXTEND is the way this is done. I believe clients can and do
> > > send multiple RELAY_EXTENDs in a row, so it's not like its a
> >
> > Sorry, I'm a moron. I meant to say RELAY_BEGIN. Also, Roger/Nick,
> > please correct me if these can't be issued concurrently.
>
> They can be issued concurrently. Tor doesn't care.
>
> Also, with HTTP/1.1 pipelining to the actual website, we just need to
> open a single TCP stream (one RELAY_BEGIN) and we can then fetch many
> pages in a row.
>
> I'm not sure if this is better or worse than fetching them in parallel. I
> suspect Juliusz (the polipo developer) has opinions :), and I'll defer
> to him.

Yeah, cause it's not like optimizing high latency networks and chatty
protocols for speed is my day job or anything. Probably should wait
for the expert to weigh in to really be sure ;)

--
Mike Perry
Mad Computer Scientist