[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: About US$3 Million Spent per Second on Pornography in Indonesia
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: About US$3 Million Spent per Second on Pornography in Indonesia
- From: "Kyle Williams" <kyle.kwilliams@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 11:35:50 -0700
- Delivered-to: archiver@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk-outgoing@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 14:35:57 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=Md509zTCB//Y546uk32WlQG7RgQ017Jvj+3qHopl3ZY=; b=hi7mXc4jyNTzkqSrP1HkC9U/zexVNZmqglg5A72n9dhTim+o78v4VuebD0UNLDcx+x b7d3UkGl2LMvM/Z+x1FlOzFkxElaTawnahiuTLDOCEA2XMkmaYsZxCZVz0VUhJdnUW83 ud51wcRj8z23Gi/YQ8qE4TJSYp2iFSHHpJIUs=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:references; b=a+/ZWVCu8eq7O1UF5PRlOmcEO2ToPQUbALax12sGo2yE4G7Cdfd5tEDx6a6vLHjBhF cEdAOHjp+HWWwSOOiccLKZXlVG/WCdJ2OPtci9vwHChSVykYwFVQrfFZQCz1seipUdgi T7fw9P4ct7pgQj2F11zRJ3arBGDeJXJB2sNho=
- In-reply-to: <20080728173713.GA17549@sirih>
- References: <1217255960.488dda18d9d9a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20080728173713.GA17549@sirih>
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
This has nothing to do with Tor. Wrong mailing list dude.
On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 10:37 AM, Roy Lanek <lanek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> What kind of nonsense.
Not so much ... I wonder: are you fishing perhaps? This is Tempo Online
translated in English. There quite likely can be a *salad* ... quantitatively
speaking. (Reading the article is also--agreed--not always clear to understand
what is peculiar to Indonesia vs. what is general; moreover, Indonesia is
going to introduce a *great firewall* next year ...)
But qualitatively, they may not be that wrong.
I ignore how the business goes, but I remember to have read in Singapore of
astronomical *NETTO* sums made a month by pimps [in Singapore].
4.2 million sites make less than 1 USD a second per site. I don't know how
many hits *successful* sites have and how the *administration* goes in the
There are to pay: hosting, ==HEAVY== *commissions* on the left and on the
right for sure [Indonesia is the country with the largest Muslim population
in the world: you could drink Whiskey and Vodka and be *entertained* even
in Aceh too--paying of course]: protection from the police, politicians,
malavitosi, *insurances*, indemnifications for the ISPs etc. And so on ...
Internet-expenses-in-general inclusive [in Indonesia there are generalized
power outages daily since months ... up to 7-8-9-10 hours of blackout 7/24].
I guess that the *material* shown will be specialized ... meaning that it will
be *Asian* [and made in Asia, not in the Netherlands, U.S. or Switzerland],
not Russian nor Nordic. That will have a price too. They will then need some
certificates, or cellular phone infrastructure, for doing *business*--I would
include the latter too, the business extra [there are enough *bapak* in
Indonesia, a country of perhaps 230+ million, with MUCH more money to spend
than you have: Singapore's #1 foreign flat owners are Indonesian, I believe,
ethnic Chinese ones inclusive of course] in the balance.
I would add the *amortization* of the hardware--desktops, notebooks,
whatever--and of the time wasted by the "consumers."
3000, 300 ... even 30 USD/s [or who knows, 3 million a day] would still be
Could it be world-, or continent wide? ... but it makes even limited
> 1 s 3.075.000 $
> 60 s 184.500.000 $
> 1 h 11.070.000.000
$ (11 mrd $ per hour!!!)
> 24 h 265.680.000.000 $ ( 265 mrd $ per day)
> 1 month 7,9704 x 10^12 $
difference, eventually; you are missing the point: to be, say, "drown, hanged
and quartered" [I am quoting a movie based a popular book] makes little
difference after stage one of the series has been carried out.
And *uncertainty [Heisenberg] principle* verified ... *interesting* in a
> If that country were so rich I would live there for 15 years now. My wife is
> indonesian and I know how poor that country is. They NEVER were able to spend
> just a small part of that money. Another fact is that education there is
> incredibly bad and lots of people are stupid in a way noone can imagine. I
> think this is the reason why such nonsense finds it way into indo newspapers.
sense! For a couple of correct observations you have made you have written
some compensatory idiocies on a country which you clearly do not know.
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS tak bisa menari dikatakan lantai yang
SSSSS . s l a c k w a r e SSSSSS berjungkit--cannot dance but blame the
SSSSS +------------ linux SSSSSS floor as uneven [blaming the wrong reason]