Re: Bush's DHS program continues under Obama

Take another look at the article referenced:
"... the new program will scrutinize only data going to or from
government systems."

I can understand privacy concerns, but "Joe Stalin, eat your heart
out."???  get real.

from
http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/legislative_testimony_evans_021408_safeguard/

Through the Trusted Internet Connections (TIC) initiative, we are
working with agencies to reduce the overall number of external Federal
connections, in order to manage our risk and secure our connections in
a more cost-effective and efficient manner to provide better awareness
of our environment. Agencies turned in plans of action and milestones
to fully optimize agency connections, with a target completion date of
June 2008.

As agencies optimize their external connections, security controls to
monitor threats must be deployed and correlated to create a
government-wide perspective of shared risks to our networks. The
Department of Homeland Security (DHS) supports an application named
Einstein to collect, analyze, and share aggregated computer security
information across the Federal government. Einstein will assist
agencies to raise their awareness and DHS for government-wide
awareness for information security threats and vulnerabilities. This
awareness will enable agencies and DHS to take corrective action in a
timely manner. We are currently working with DHS to build upon their
existing deployments and extend Einstein to all of the Federal
agencies.

Lee