Re: Running a Tor Server as a Tax Deduction?

"I'm not a CPA, but as I understand it, you need to give actual
valuables to a 501c3"

Valuables can include lots of things. I know of companies who have
donated inventory, labor, and all sorts of services and then deducted it
on their taxes. I'm not sure if a Tor server would fall within in,
especially considering both the donator and the Tor Project has to
maintain a record of this.

If it's possible to deduct Tor servers, maybe the Tor project can have a
"special donor" program for people/organizations/companies who donate
large amounts of resources, their internet connection, or other
quantifiable amounts.

Ringo