Re: TorButton Question

On Wed, July 8, 2009 10:13, Ringo wrote:
> One thing I notice is that Torbutton sets no proxy for ftp/gopher. Is
there any particular reason it
> doesn't tell firefox that privoxy handles this (which would just kill
the connection). It seems to me
> like this could break a user's anonymity, but I assume that there's a
reason it's like this. Can
> somebody explain this?
IIRC TorButton will set the proxy for all protocols, even ftp and gopher.
It's privoxy (or plain Tor) that is unable to provide ftp-proxy support as
it is an hell of a protocol to be proxyed :-)

--
Marco Bonetti
BT3 EeePC enhancing module: http://sid77.slackware.it/bt3/

My GnuPG key id: 0x86A91047