A quick tor analysis that I did in my spare time.

Over the last few months I have been having a play with a crude tor simulator (it just simulates the circuit building part of tor). I did three different types of simulation from point of view of a number of organisations trying adding their own nodes to the network in an attempt to control both the entrance and exit nodes.

A quick summary of the results was that it would be quite easy for one organisation to control both the entrance and exit nodes in the tor network by simply putting enough resources in (i.e. a lot of good quality nodes that are both entrance and exit nodes). If more than one organisation tries to do this though then the overall quantity of circuits controlled by any organisation drops.

This wasn't a full time research project just something that I have done in my spare time to answer a question that I had. I have more details about it in a blog post at "https://www.heckrothindustries.co.uk/2010/07/quick-tor-analysis/";.

--
Jason Cooper.