Re: Flash Cookies and Tor.

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 2:17 PM, Matthew <pumpkin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> When I use Tor, I disable Flash.

good!

> However, when not using Tor, sometimes I do use Flash.

we all have our vices...

> I was surprised today to discover in my .macromedia folder on Ubuntu dozens
> of flash cookies.

this will quit surprising you as you begin paying attention.

> Can these cookies have connected my static non-Tor IP and the various Tor
> IPs... can the flash cookie connect to the website even when flash is turned
> off?

nope, as long as you NEVER, EVER, NOT EVEN ONCE have Flash enabled
while using Tor. or anything with privs (extensions, other plug-ins)
that have access to the local store, or other situations where remote
disclosure of local file content may occur.

an easier consideration, are you consistent about always using a
recent and signature verified release of the browser bundle?

best regards,