Re: [tor-talk] Workable Tor as service instructions for Win 7?

Never mind, the instructions are more or less right. Had issues because of the errors the non depreciated versions of the commands throw, plus configs in the wrong place. I would still love to know where the default torrc should be for a Windows service if you don't specify it.

To make Vidalia work again in Window after making Tor a service
1. CD into c:\Program Files\Vidalia Bundle\Tor and run:

tor --hash-password somepassword

Note:This is the hash you will use.
2: Add this to the torrc you will locate in C:\

ControlPort 9051

HashedControlPassword 16:B0AB72FC4E3A30D560A3524C79E7F26CF350A8504E73210426CCBE2373

3. If the service is already installed, run:

tor -remove

4. Not run this to set up your config:

tor -install -options -f C:\torrc ControlPort 9051

5. Now when you start, Vidalia will ask for the password to connect.

Adrian