[tor-talk] [Need quick help] 30+ mbps node taken down by host

Hello,

My VPS fast tor exit got taken down by the host today for sending spam emails. Apparently the upstream provider complained to them about it. I thought SMTP was supposed to be disabled by default in the tor config, but apparently my node was sending stuff through (even though I didn't do anything to change the default setting for that).

The host is going to give me a chance to see if I can block it, but if I can't get the spam to stop, they're going to make me kill the node. I prefer not to do this kind of thing, but since it's their house, it's their rules.

Can someone please tell me precisely (what file, what entry) how to configure:

1) Tor to block smtp

2) Local machine to block smtp egress

3) Any other possible way to detect/filter outgoing mail Thank you very much