Re: [tor-talk] Hiding stuff

Praedor Atrebates:
> On 07/13/2012 02:15 PM, antispam06@xxxxxxx wrote:
>> On Fri, Jul 13, 2012, at 13:41, Praedor Atrebates wrote:
>>> Would not cpu/system data get hidden if you ran tor browser inside an
>>> emulator?
>> Yes, an emulator with Tails. But, why should people have to do all that
>> and install so many packages just to fix a Hole in the browser?
>>

> My main interest in emulators and/or VMs is to be able to use tor
> browser but also leave some of the add-ons activated (javascript, flash)
> and STILL defeat tracking.  Tor gives you ip X and the VM provides a
> totally bogus IP address even when tor is sidestepped by javascript or
> flash.  That is my wish/desire anyway.  There are simply too many
> websites that are unusable without javascript and/or flash activated but
> I'd still like to be able to use them without losing anonymity.

My non-offical project supports [1] that. Java and Flash do not leak IP
or DNS.

There is some protection against hardware fingerprinting as well. [2]

Remaining issues (flashcookies, which can track you across multiple
sessions and so on) are also documented. [3] Don't hold your breath for
fixing the remaining flash issues, I am certainly not going to do it.
That would require a flash rewrite with privacy protection (project like
gnash, which isn't a big success yet).

You can build such system also from source or manually build it, it's
all documented.

[1] https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/TorBOX
[2]
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/TorBOX/SecurityAndHardening#TorBOXsProtocol-Leak-ProtectionandFingerprinting-Protection