Re: [tor-talk] Torbox (now aos) question

On 07/17/2012 11:36 AM, adrelanos wrote:
Praedor Atrebates:
I was using torbox the other day without problem.  I come back the
next day and suddenly the torbox-workstation is no longer able to
connect to the internet as it appears the torbox-gateway is no
longer functioning/accessible.   I changed nothing.  I shut them
both down and restarted first the gateway, then the workstation and
still the tor browser cannot connect to the internet as the proxy
(the gateway) is not accepting connections.

What's the deal?
Never happened to me. What version? Host internet working?

There are also
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/TorBOX/TestAndTroubleshoot
not perfect to diagnose that but some hints.

Also, there doesn't appear to be much by way of real
documentation.
If you follow the readme links there is loads of documentation.
Perhaps not what you are looking for?

What is the default superuser password in the gateway? I cannot log
in as su because I have no idea what pword to use and I thus cannot
change the pword.
It's in the readme.
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/TorBOX/Readme

username: user
password: changeme

You can login as root with 'sudo su', which is Ubuntu default.
Password like I said, is 'changeme'. Root password is by Ubuntu
default not set, but if you want you can set one.

The basic documentation MUST be provided in the future.
It does.

Well, I have been using the virtual box *.ova files and there is no documentation with these. I assume you mean one must download the source to get the readme?

praedor