[tor-talk] More secure hidden service as client or relay?

I read about a successful attack on hidden services. The two major
attacks i remember were 1) Looking at IP addresses in the network and
check if the hidden service is up. When its down you can narrow the ip
address down. 2) Disconnecting and reconnecting to the hidden service
hoping you become a peer and use a timing attack. This is prevented by
node guards which was talked about in the PDF (before and after the
guards).

That same pdf mention clients were easier to find then relays. I'm not
sure why.
Right now at this moment what is more secure when running a hidden
service. When being a client or relay?

                          love email again