Re: [tor-talk] TBB lags behind as Firefox ESR 10.0.6 is released

On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 08:09:42AM +0200, machine wrote:
> https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/all.html
>
> but there hasn't been any update yet for The Tor Browser Bundle, which
> has a Tor Browser version of 10.0.5.

Yep. I believe TBB 2.2.37-2 is still in the QA process on our side.
We're still working on sorting out how to make our build-and-QA process
not suck, since "put together a bundle and release it immediately"
has resulted in recent problems too.

You'll be happy to know that we have plans to hire a QA/build automation
person sometime in late 2012 or early 2013. I'm afraid the ride will
stay pretty bumpy until at least then. :/

> instead of working on stuff like this:
> https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-reports/
>
> they should create an official clear net discussion f0rum.
>
> "The idea is to share more with the community and give people a chance to
> ask questions directly of the people doing the work."
>
> that is the purpose of a F0RUM, not another MAILING LIST used by the 1%.

I think you misunderstand the rationale for setting up the tor-reports
list. It wasn't that we said "I know, what the Tor community needs most
is developers writing emails once a month!" These emails were _already_
getting written -- they were just going only to other developers. Now
they're going to a broader audience too.

As for a forum, I want a forum too. But we want to set one up that
isn't worse than the current situation -- the Tails people set up
a forum, and I hear they hate it so much that at this point they
wish they had nothing rather than the one they have.

You may like https://www.torproject.org/docs/faq#Forum as an alternative
answer. Stay tuned (but if you're holding your breath, be prepared to
hold it a while longer).

--Roger