Re: [tor-talk] Tor on Raspberry Pi

On Sun, 22 Jul 2012 19:02:02 +0000, Jacob Appelbaum wrote:

> Another interesting problem is that the Raspberry Pi doesn't have a RTC. :(

Tor does a time check against other nodes. Can't we use that to obtain
the time as well?

I wouldn't mind running tor as root on a raspi dedicated as a tor node
on my DSL. Alternatively one could use a setuid helper binary to adjust
the clock and, on that occasion, to bind sockets to low ports (443/80).
(Both obviously restricted to specialized setups.)

Andreas

--
"Totally trivial. Famous last words."
From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@*.org>