Re: [tor-talk] Tor for upcoming FirefoxOS?

Nicolas Vigier <boklm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, 02 Jul 2013, Nathan Freitas wrote:
>

> > They said we must cross-compile any native code into Javascript. I am
> > not sure if that was meant to be a joke or not.
>
> They are probably talking about using emscripten :
> https://github.com/kripken/emscripten/wiki

  Yeah, I've seen people talk about using emscripten to port Tor to
<whatever>, but I've yet to see someone present their finished code.  That
makes me suspect that it's not especially easy/do-able.  The process seems
very straightforward for video games, but Tor is a very complex set of
programs that have to work together ~just so~ in order to preserve privacy.

  And as much as I like javascript, I would be hesitant to use a security
program that was automagically turned into javascript.  This would still
require heavy testing and likely heavy development before it was ready to
be used by the general public.

best,
Griffin